Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Wichita
You realize you must safeguard your home. After all, it’sthe haven where your loved ones live and is where you keep your possessions. But what form of home protection is ideal? Determining if you should use 24/7 monitoring is one of the leading choices you need to make. Examine the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Wichita and get a better sense of what’s ideal for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for 24-hour monitoring, your home security system connects to an external monitoring service that is ready to provide help at all times. When a window sensor activates or a CO detector goes off, your monitoring professionals get an alert immediately. They quickly take action to validate the alarm and send the appropriate emergency professionals.
On the other hand, an unmonitored security system doesn’t have professional backup. You might think of this to be self-monitoring, which means that if an alarm sounds, you have to respond to get it resolved. This choice is the less expensive solution, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Wichita
Here’s a brief breakdown of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having a backup on your side is always smart. If you are on vacation, asleep, or without your phone, your home and its occupants will still be watched over.
- Speedier response times: Monitoring specialists are always ready. They’ll respond faster to emergencies than you can alone.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security systems might entitle you to a discount on your home insurance premium.
- Superior components and seamless integration: When you get hardware, monitoring, and installation from a reputable home security expert, you will gain access to a fully connected system with devices that may be of a higher quality than what you will discover yourself.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will pay a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Usually required to get a professional install: Countless residents would rather have the job done by experienced professionals, but some DIYers might want to handle it on their own.
- Must sign a contract: You will usually be required to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This will be acceptable for numerous residents as home security is a benefit you will want long term.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Wichita
Here’s a brief breakdown of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t need to pay a monitoring bill.
- Self-installation: Do-it-yourselfers may consider this a pro as they can install the system themselves and circumvent an added fee. Others will want to go with a skilled technician.
- Greater Flexibility: You are able to install components when you want - and from any manufacturer. Taking that into account, you may find incorporating into a cohesive system more challenging.
- Control: There won’t be anyone else monitoring your alarms. If an urgent situation unfolds, it’s up to you to get help.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What if you’ve misplaced your phone and don’t receive a security alert? This circumstance will lead to more stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Requires your total attention: As you are the sole person in charge, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- Hooking up the system is up to you: If you need a helping hand during the installation, you may have to hire a separate service professional. The installation is also likely to be slower.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Wichita
Get the 24/7 support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Wichita from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored system is the best choice for you. Dial (316) 215-9179 today to get started.