Today's home security options have become more advanced by the day. But, unfortunately, it’s still easy to forget to perform basic security duties like arming your home security, closing the garage, or even securing your front door.
What if you no longer needed to concern yourself with these things in the future? When utilizing geofencing in Wichita, you can simply drive off to work and make your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Wichita For your Security System?
Geofencing generates a virtual border around your house, which you may customize within your cell phone app. This modern home security option then tracks your phone to see when you go beyond the border and then initiates the tasks you have programmed.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart implements take advantage of to interact with each other. This innovative approach assists your home security by centralizing all elements onto one, unified network. You can set up a virtual “fence” around your property and assign what actions you want to take place as you move beyond the boundary.
For instance, when you pull away from your property, you can program your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing will inform your system to disable the alarm, elevate the garage door, turn on lights, and even change your smart thermostat.
Here are some of the components you will be able to command with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Various electronics including Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is just one way to use your home’s security system in Wichita. When accessing the mobile app, you can make the most of automation. With just a few taps of a button, and you have the opportunity to:
● Enable Scheduling: arrange your smart components to activate at predetermined times. Instruct your lighting to lower to indicate that it's time for bed, or disarm your security alarms when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make specific equipment activate based on another activity. Have your thermostat turn on the exhaust fan when the CO detector trips. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway if your surveillance system senses abnormal activity outside.
● Customize scenes: Make scenes featuring various devices that all act in concert with each other. Have your smart bulbs switch off, the A/C go down, and the locks engage when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for a movie marathon with preset light and thermostat settings.
● Geofence your security: It's easy to forget to arm your alarm if you're running late for work. With geofencing capability and your smartphone, you'll never forget to arm the system and put down the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Wichita
Whether you desire additional certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you drive away or you want to explore your home automation options, geofencing can help. Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today at (316) 215-9179 or complete the form on this page to start designing your perfect security system.